This is an Open Studios event, and participants can arrive with their projects beginning Thursday afternoon.
Walker Creek will NOT be offering food service, but we’ll have the use of three small kitchens, and organizer Jeanne Matysiak and the retreat committee have arranged for seven delicious buffet meals at a very reasonable cost.
- The two breakfasts include a variety of cereals, yogurt, muffins, toast, fruits, juices. coffee, tea, and milk.
- The two buffet lunches feature chef salad one day and taco salad the other, with sandwich options available each day.
- For our three dinners, there will be a pizza night, a stew night, and a pasta night, along with salad, bread, lemonade, and iced tea.
- Participants are welcome to bring beverages, including and wine, beer, and soda.
- Refrigerator space will be very limited. If you want to bring food, please consider bringing ice and an ice chest.
- Each participant is asked to bring $70 to Walker Creek to cover the cost of the 7 meals. Checks should be made payable to Janice Key, or you may bring cash.
All lodging is downstairs, with shared bathrooms. Participants have a choice of economy bunks ($206, bring your own bedding/towels), semi-private rooms ($335, two quilters per room), or a limited number of private rooms ($479).