Watch this space for news about new “hybrid” activities from the San Francisco Quilters Guild.
In addition to monthly meetings with break-out rooms, our online events now include Sewcials and sewing-circle meet-ups … all via Zoom.
Outdoor activities include Curbside Community Outreach and a Free Table that rotates from neighborhood to neighborhood. Plus, our library is open for business again.
- Our October 20th meeting will be a Zoom introduction to the Boro Aesthetic with Jody Alexander, open to both members and visitors. Click here to register.
- A recording of our September presentation on the Social Justice Sewing Academy will be available for one week via the Members Only tab above. Our August 18th Zoom Sew & Tell is available in the same location.
- Our next Zoom Sewcial workshop will introduce English Paper Piecing on Saturday Sept. 26, from 10 a.m.–noon. Under Alex Byrne’s tutelage, participants will make pincushions. Click here to sign up. For SFQG members only.
- Our October Zoom Sewcial workshop is called Smithereens! with Julia McLeod on October 25. Learn more and register here. For SFQG members only.
- Our library is open for business. Search or browse the offerings here. Then email or call our librarian, Cher, to arrange for getting your books. Her contact information is in the Membership Directory. For SFQG members only.
Many of you have already joined Zoom meetings to stay in touch with your family, friends or sewing circles. For others, this may be a totally new experience. Don’t worry, you’ll get lots of help from the guild. Start by watching these short videos.