Sewcials held at the Police Academy, 350 Amber Drive, San Francisco.
See map below or Click here for map/directions.
Sewcials are an important part of SFQG. Here’s where we learn new techniques, and relearn those old techniques (I don’t remember how we do…), share our creativity with each other and just have fun.
Please pay when you sign up in advance for Sewcials.
A supply list will be provided when you sign up. Arrive about 15 minutes before the start of the workshop (9:45 am) to set up and get directions so that we can begin on time. Please remember that there are no refunds for cancellations.
For the comfort of all, please attend Sewcials “fragrance-free.”
General Supply List:
In addition to Supply List for each Sewcial, please bring: extension cord, cutting board,rRotary cutter, sewing machine, rulers, fabric, etc.
Bring your lunch or there are several places to purchase within walking distance.
Sonya Lee Barrington
Sonya Lee Barrington shares her expertise! Repurpose • Recycle • Reuse! The “Wool Pocket Purse” is just that . . . a purse made out of pockets. It can have one outside pocket; two inside pockets; a cross-body strap, and creative embellishments of buttons and hand embroidery. A lot of the construction is done by hand so bring your thimble. This fun little purse can be made to look “folksy” or “formal” and each one will be one-of-a-kind. Sonya will provide all sorts of tips and tricks for working with wool. Guild members $65 plus a $5 lab fee, nonguild members $75 plus the $5 lab fee.
Workshop: Color Strata Quilts
PLEASE NOTE THIS WORKSHOP IS ON A DIFFERENT DAY AND AT A DIFFERENT LOCATION THAN TYPICAL SEWCIALS
Place: Thrift Stitch/Quilt Works, 2189 Bayshore Boulevard, San Francisco, 94134
• Sewing machine, in good working order
• Dual feed or Walking foot, if you have one
• Cutting mat, long ruler, rotary cutter, pins
• Fabric: Color Strata Jelly Rolls, Fat Quarter Packs, or anything from your stash. You’ll need 20–40 colors, solids preferred, but I love creativity, so bring what you love, too. Colors should have about 5 to 7 choices per color family or more, as we will be creating a gradient of color. Fabric quantity will vary based on quilt size. A Jelly Roll is good for 45” x 45”
• More Fabric: One yard of a pop color—something to set your colors into hyperdrive—like Jet Black, White Fairy Frost, or a complimentary color to your strata color choices.
Ongoing Project: Still making Postcards? Instructions here.
SEWCIALS AT THE POLICE ACADEMY
SF Police Academy, 350 Amber Drive (near Duncan), near Diamond Heights Safeway.
Sewcials are generally held the Saturday or Sunday following the guild meeting, from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m.
Take SF Muni bus #52 or drive your car, parking is free.
Drag the 'A' symbol to where your trip will commence.