QUILT San Francisco: 2017
17th Biennial Show and Sale
Friday, March 24, 2017 10:00 -7:00
Saturday, March 25, 2017 10:00 - 4:00
The Event Center at St. Mary's Cathedral
1111 Gough St. at Geary St., San Francisco, CA
Our Fabulous Featured Artists
Admission: Two-Day Pass $15 or $10 advance purchase (kids 12 and under free)
Advance tickets available now through February at these locations:
Always Quilting in San Mateo, Bay Quilts in Richmond, New Pieces in Berkeley,
Serge A Lot in San Francisco, Textile Dream Studio in Berkeley
NEW! Buy online with Paypal, max 6 tickets. Tickets will be sent by mail. BUY
or by mail: Send stamped, self-addressed envelope and check payable to SFQG, $10 each ticket to Christine Tanabe, 466 16th Avenue , San Francisco, CA 94118
- Antique and Family Heirloom quilts
- Bee Modern Quilts: Reimagining Tradition. This exhibition showcases the variety and exuberance of the work by the Bee Modern group pursuing new trends in quilting.
- Dorcas Handquilters
- Quilt Challenge: “Favorite Fairy Tales”
- SAQA (Studio Art Quilt Associates) Northern California/Northern Nevada Chapter
- Sue Fox of Textile Dream Studios
- 400+ New Quilts and Wearable Art by San Francisco Quilters Guild members.
- Meet the Featured Artist Quilt Tours
- 20-25 Vendors in our Merchant Mall
- Activity Corner – All Ages
- Makers Market – Quilts and other handmade items for sale
- Refreshments available for purchase
- Do you have a treasured family quilt? Or one you just finished quilting? And would you like an expert opinion of its value?
- NANCY BAVOR, AQS certified quilt and textile appraiser will be available during the show, to appraise exhibited quilts as well as quilts brought in.
- Each appointment includes a 30 minutes consultation with a written, signed statement
- To schedule an appointment during the show, contact Dorte Brandenhoff firstname.lastname@example.org (SFQG appraisal liaison).For more information about appraisal, see Nancy’s website, www.quiltworth.com
THANK YOU TO OUR PARTICIPATING VENDORS
AzureBlue Textiles repurposed textiles from Guatemala
Maureen Schmidt Hand Dyed Fabrics cottons and raw silks
Kavita-Painted Silks hand-screened & dyed silk and rayon scarves jackets etc.
Creative Ps and Qs
Wooden Gate Quilts
ThriftStitch and QuiltWorks and antique quilts
Second Chance Fabrics
Just for Fun
Joan McCarthy Presents molas, jewelry, international textiles
Serge A Lot
Bahia Beads unique hand-crocheted jewelry
Fabrications one-of-a-kind art jewelry
Twice Nice Shoppe Featherweight machines, parts, accessories
Oliso smart irons
Global Good Fair Trade
Laura Lee Fritz
All Day Glam-SeneGence skin care products
Waka Ozawa one-of-a-kind clothing and purses from vintage kimonos
Heartway International Asian inspired fabrics
Be One-Nikonina Hawaiian totes, hand-printed t-shirts, and jewelry
San Jose Museum of Quilts and Textiles
Sips n Sews personal sewing studio
Our Vendor Market is now full. For more information, please contact Barbara at email@example.com for possible openings or waitlist.
ABOUT OUR VENUE
The Event Center at St. Mary’s is located in St. Mary’s Cathedral, a San Francisco landmark designed by award winning architects Pietro Belluschi and Pier-Luigi Nervi. It is conveniently located near The Fillmore, Japantown and the revitalized Hayes Valley neighborhood as well as the Civic Center cultural amenities such as the Asian Art Museum, SF Symphony and SF Opera. It is conveniently located to the 38 Geary bus line, connecting to both BART and Muni Metro at Montgomery Station, the 47 and 49 buses on Van Ness Avenue which connect to the Muni Metro at Van Ness and Market, the 31 bus on Eddy, and near parking lots at Japantown and street parking.